- The muffle is the heat-insulated enclosure of an oven
- The vault resistance represents the upper heated part of the oven
- The hearth resistance is the resistance placed in the lower part of the oven
- The circular resistance is placed at the bottom of the oven around the turbine. It is only present in convection ovens.
- The grill is used to brown croque-monsieur or gratins of all kinds
- The fan circulates the air heated by the bottom and top heaters. The circulated air allows the temperature to rise more quickly and distributes the heat more evenly throughout the entire oven.
- The turbine allows the air to be pulsed when it is associated with the circular resistance in the oven enclosure. It is the rotating heat.
- The lighting allows you to see where the cooking of your dishes is, a lamp illuminates the inside of the oven.
- The shelves are useful for choosing the height of the tray in the oven. The latter can be placed very high in order to brown your dish or on the contrary very low for large pieces of poultry.
The different cooking methods of an electric oven
The heat comes from the resistances of the roof and / or the floor. This is the historic oven cooking process . This mode is suitable for cooking all traditional recipes such as roast chicken . It makes it possible to obtain crispy foods . However, it dries out the food and only allows cooking on one level.
Air-stirred cooking combines the action of the top and bottom heaters with a fan. The temperature distribution is more uniform . Cooking on 2 levels is possible and the temperature rises faster: 8 to 10 minutes at 200 ° C compared to 20 minutes in natural convection. Be careful, this cooking method can mix odors. It is therefore not advisable to cook a roast and a sweet pie simultaneously.
The rotating heat
The fan- assisted oven has an additional resistance , placed around a turbine on the back wall. The hot air is thus forced inside the oven. The hot air allows a rapid rise in temperature. The oven can reach 200 ° C in 6 to 8 minutes . This mode also allows the cooking of several different dishes on several levels, simultaneously, without mixing odors or flavors.
Steam allows balanced cooking and preserves nutritional qualities (vitamins and minerals). It guarantees the taste, texture and color of food. Do you like tender and juicy meats , good braised beef, or even tender fish? The oven with the steam function allows you to make well-ventilated puff pastry, as gratins, pizzas, or even pastries … The oven is composed of a water tank which allows steam to be sent. of water in its enclosure and thus maintain an ideal humidity level to obtain soft and full of flavor foods.
The gas oven
Your home is connected to town gas , take the opportunity to choose a gas oven! No more safety issues thanks to the thermocouple device fitted to all models.
Optional: the rotisserie
The rotisserie is used for roasting poultry and other large cuts of meat. The spindle turns thanks to a motor placed at the back or on the side of the oven. The meats are thus golden brown and retain their softness.